Anna Niggli is Head of Finances, Administration and Human Resources at agroecology.science. During her studies of jurisprudence and history she was employed as an agricultural worker at the “alpenzeiger bio-produkte” organic farm in Aarau, Switzerland for ten years where she also ran the “alpenzeiger bio-catering” organic catering firm on a freelance basis. In addition, Anna Niggli held the offices of Co-president and residents’ councillor in the Aarau Green Party and completed a scientific internship at the Gender Equality Department at the Mayor’s Office of the canton of Basel-City. Currently she is also a member of the bio.inspecta/bta Appeals Service which deals with national and international appeals lodged by stakeholders in the organic agricultural sector.
“My motivation for the enhancement of biodiversity and the promotion of sustainable living as well as my awareness of ecological values and the need for sustainable resource use are rooted in the practical farming experience I gained at my family’s "alpenzeiger bio-produkte" organic farm. As a formal resident’s councillor I have also been politically active on environmental and socio-political issues. I now advocate for family-friendly and open methods of working that are based on partnership. Fair working conditions are of great significance and increase company success.”
- April 2020 to present: On the Board of Directors and Head of Finances, Administration and Personnel at agroecology.science.
- January 2020 to present: Agricultural worker at the “alpenzeiger bio-produkte” organic farm in Aarau, Switzerland
- January 2017 to present: Member of the bio.inspecta/bta Appeals Service
- 01/2019 – 12/2019: Scientific intern – Mayor’s Office Basel-City, Gender Equality Department
- 08/2012 – 06/2018: Self-employed manager of organic catering firm “alpenzeiger bio-catering”
- 08/2007 – 06/2017: Agricultural worker at the “alpenzeiger bio-produkte” organic farm
- 03/2011 – 12/2011 Sales at “Bio-Haus [C1] Frick” organic food shop
- 04/2009 – 09/2010 Resident’s councillor in Aarau
- 02/2007 – 03/2008 Co-president of Aarau Green Party
- 01/2015 – 06/2018 Master’s degree programme in history and jurisprudence, University of Basel
- 09/2009 – 12/2014 Bachelor’s degree programme in history and jurisprudence, University of Basel